Full changelog.txt: http://documentation.birdwp.com/wp-ammi/changelog.txt
How to update Ammi: http://documentation.birdwp.com/wp-ammi/#update-sectionVersion 2.1.1 – 30.09.2020
- Translation file;
- Few minor CSS issues;
- Now the footer menu is not hidden on mobile devices.
All other changes:
- Added the wp_body_open function to the theme header file (new requirement for all themes).
- Removed all Google+ buttons (Due to Google+ closing down).
- Ammi Widgets (v1.0.1):
- Removed: Google+ icon from Social Links widget;
- Updated: Translation file (ammi-widgets.pot).
- Ammi Social Media (v1.1):
- Removed Google+ share button;
- Added VK share button;
- Added Reddit share button.
- Few minor CSS issues.
- New setting: Appearance > Customize > General Settings > Blog > Featured Image: Link Type (“Link to post” or “Link to image”).
Ammi 2.0 is now available! This is a big theme update that primarily relates to the new requirements for all WordPress themes on the market. Link: https://help.author.envato.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000472383-WordPress-Theme-Submission-Requirements
Please read the changes before updating the theme.
1. Changes related to new requirements:
- All theme code has been edited to meet WordPress code standards. Links:
- PHP Coding Standards: https://make.wordpress.org/core/handbook/best-practices/coding-standards/php/
- HTML Coding Standards: https://make.wordpress.org/core/handbook/best-practices/coding-standards/html/
- CSS Coding Standards: https://make.wordpress.org/core/handbook/best-practices/coding-standards/css/
- Now the theme uses the get_theme_file_path() function to include files. Example: require_once get_theme_file_path( ‘/assets/class-tgm-plugin-activation.php’ ).
- Some sanitization functions in the customizer have been changed.
- Some theme functions are now not allowed in the theme, and they have been moved to plugins ( link: https://help.author.envato.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000481223-WordPress-Theme-Plugin-Requirements#h_121074620161522301832182 ). These are all widgets and social share buttons. Now, when updating (or installing) the theme, you will need to install 2 additional plugins (if you need these functions): Ammi Social Media and Ammi Widgets. This also means that if you use additional widgets that were included in later versions of the theme, then after updating the theme you must re-activate them (Appearance > Widgets), because old widgets will not work, since they have been removed from the theme. New widgets will be available only after installing and activating the “Ammi Widgets” plugin.
2. All other changes:
- Updated: Documentation.
- Updated: Bootstrap v3.4.1.
- Updated: Superfish v1.7.10.
- The rel=”noopener” attribute has been added to all links that have the target=”_blank” attribute.
- The show-hide-meta-boxes.js file has been moved from the “assets” folder to the “js” folder.
- Added permission to use the “rel” attribute in links.
- Changed some phrases (or option names) to better understand the purpose of some options. Examples:
- Thumbnail type -> Media type;
- Featured Image -> Featured image and popup window with video player;
- Additional classes for posts are added through the “post_class” filter: add_filter( ‘post_class’, ‘ammi_custom_post_classes’, 10, 3 ).
- Styles for the classic editor have been rewritten.
- Added new option: Appearance > Customize > General Settings > “Follow us” Text.
- Added new option: Appearance > Customize > Footer > “Follow us” Text.
- Added new option: Appearance > Customize > General Settings > Show header image and header text only on the first page.
- Some theme styles have been changed.
- Some responsive styles have been changed.
- Fixed several minor issues.
*P.S. Thanks to everyone who advised good ideas for this update! 😉Version 1.0.2 – 04.06.2018
- Few minor CSS issues:
- Comments Form: Cookies acceptance checkbox – Added new styles;
- Fixed styles for the “Back to top” button;
- Changed styles for the
- Fixed an issue with the author biographical info in the “About the author” block and on the archive page with posts by one author;
- Few minor CSS issues.