Nimbo is a WordPress theme for your blog. It has a minimal and clean design with several different layouts: 2 different header styles, 2 menu types in the header, 3 different blog layouts, 3 layouts for single pages, and there are 3 available areas for widgets in the footer. Nimbo also has some very interesting features. Some of them:
- Live switching between two different styles: light and dark. Each visitor can choose one of the color schemes (light or dark), and the theme will remember the choice of each visitor to improve the usability of the site. In addition, you can change the default color scheme from light to dark.
- Nimbo displays a list of recent comments under each post on all archive pages, + you can easily configure this feature in the theme settings.
- Nimbo can show popup windows with images, video/audio players, and galleries.
- And, of course, that’s not all…
The theme is fully responsive and looks good on mobile devices. Use it to make something cool! 😉
Thank you for your interest! Enjoy! 🙂
If you use Russian characters on your site, then in this case do not forget to add the following character sets to the theme settings: cyrillic,cyrillic-ext (this is necessary for the correct display of Google fonts; more information: Documentation > “Translation” section)
You can download a very basic child theme here
Please note: Nimbo will only work with WordPress.ORG software (https://wordpress.org)
- Optimized for both editors: Block Editor and Classic Editor. Important: The documentation provides examples only with the Classic Editor.
- Responsive design (adapts to mobile devices)
- Retina ready (looks beautiful on mobile devices and tablets)
- Built with Bootstrap 3
- Font Awesome Icons v5 (1400+ icons)
- Theme options powered by WordPress Customizer
- Two positions for menus (header and footer)
- Dropdown menu support (only menu in the header)
- Sticky header
- Live switching between light and dark style (with remembering the chosen theme style)
- Support for popup windows with images, video/audio players, and galleries
- Related posts
- “About the author” section
- “Back to top” button
- Translation ready
- Full Russian translation included
- Support for Contact Form 7
- Support for all WordPress post formats (10)
- Standard format
- Image format
- Gallery format
- Video format
- Audio format
- Aside format
- Link format
- Quote format
- Status format
- Chat format
- 3 Different blog layouts
- 2 Columns and left sidebar
- 2 Columns and right sidebar
- Layout with 3 columns and without sidebar
- 2 Header styles
- Minimalist style
- Classic style
- 2 Menu types in the header
- Hidden menu
- Classic menu
- 3 Layouts for single pages
- Layout with right sidebar
- Layout with left sidebar
- Full width layout
- 4 Areas for 22 widgets (the number of widgets depends on the version of WordPress)
- Left or right sidebar
- Footer: Column 1 (left column)
- Footer: Column 2 (center column)
- Footer: Column 3 (right column)
- 5 Additional widgets
- Nimbo: Popular Posts – Displays a list of popular posts
- Nimbo: List Of Posts – Displays a list of posts with a background image
- Nimbo: Random Posts – Displays a list of random posts
- Nimbo: Recent Posts – Displays a list of recent posts
- Nimbo: Slider With Posts – Displays a slider with posts
- Social share buttons
- Includes XML file with demo data
- Step-by-step documentation
Thanks so much
- Bootstrap (v3.4.1) – Bootstrap is the most popular HTML, CSS, and JS framework for developing responsive, mobile first projects on the web.
- jQuery Superfish Menu Plugin from Joel Birch – Superfish is a jQuery plugin that adds usability enhancements to existing multi-level drop-down menus.
- imagesLoaded – Detect when images have been loaded. Development on imagesLoaded is sponsored by Metafizzy.
- Owl Carousel 2 – Touch enabled jQuery plugin that lets you create a beautiful responsive carousel slider.
- Magnific Popup from Dmitry Semenov – Magnific Popup is a responsive lightbox and dialog script with focus on performance and providing best experience for user with any device.
- html5shiv.js from Alexander Farkas – The HTML5 Shiv enables use of HTML5 sectioning elements in legacy Internet Explorer and provides basic HTML5 styling for Internet Explorer 6-9, Safari 4.x (and iPhone 3.x), and Firefox 3.x.
- Respond.js from Scott Jehl – A fast & lightweight polyfill for min/max-width CSS3 Media Queries (for IE 6-8, and more).
- Font Awesome 5 Free – Get vector icons and social logos on your website with the web’s most popular icon set and toolkit.
- WordPress Meta Box Plugin – Meta Box is a powerful, professional, and lightweight toolkit for developers to create unlimited custom meta boxes and WordPress custom fields.
- Contact Form 7 – Contact Form 7 can manage multiple contact forms, plus you can customize the form and the mail contents flexibly with simple markup. The form supports Ajax-powered submitting, CAPTCHA, Akismet spam filtering and so on.
- TGM Plugin Activation – TGM Plugin Activation is a PHP library that allows you to easily require or recommend plugins for your WordPress themes (and plugins).
- Post Like System from Jon Masterson – A simple and efficient post like system for WordPress.
- Blank WordPress Pot from Fx B?nard – Blank WordPress Pot allows developers to have a great starting point for their translations’ pot files and translators an explanation how to use the file.
- Google Fonts – Lora, Source Sans Pro, Playfair Display, and PT Sans.
Images in the demo
- Unsplash – Beautiful, free photos. Gifted by the world’s most generous community of photographers.
- Pexels – Best free stock photos in one place.
Audio and video
- December 5, 2018